Author and speaker Christine Caine shares about the non-negotiable morning routine she’s had for more than 20 years and how she combats the fear of the unexpected thing life by settling herself in the character and nature of God.
“We have to allow our faith to overcome our fear. That’s why daily disciplines are crucial. Being in the Word of God, listening to worship, being around solid Christian friends…. They are so important because they help us navigate the inevitable fearful situations that we confront.”
Hello Mornings Habits
- Mix up reading your Bible by using both a physical book and an audio version.
- Remember your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and God entrusted it to you.
- Consistency in your morning routine can help you deal with the many things in your life that does change.
- Don’t ask yourself if you feel like moving. Make the decision in advance that you are going to do it.
- Put together some playlists to pump up your morning.
Quotes from the Episode
- My non-negotiables are the Word and exercise. My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and it is what carries the Word of God to people. And I reach, by God’s grace, millions of people a year. If I want to keep doing it, I have to be stronger.
- I want to be an 85-year-old super granny for Jesus. If I want to do that, it’s not just based on how much Word I have, it’s based on how strong I need to be to continue to proclaim that Word. I knew then that if God chose to put his spirit into this holy temple, he must really care about this temple. So, I have a responsibility to keep it fit.
- Everything else in my life changes all the time, so you need to have a few things that are not going to change to enable you to deal with the things that do change. If you want to grow spiritually, you’ve got to be in the Word and in the presence of God.
- The world is not going to get any less “cray-cray,” things are just heating up. God has given us the power. The same spirit that raised Jesus from the dead lives on the inside of us and greater is he who is in us that he who is in the world. So, the tricky part is learning to get the spirit of faith that is in us to flow out of us in a lost and broken world.
- You should not fear dying. You should fear that you’re not going to live the life God put you on this earth to live.
- Jesus says he will never leave you or forsake you. Sometimes God’s not delivering us from something, but taking us through something. In those situations, we can learn to take his hand in the midst of it. Don’t minimize the promise of God being with you.