1. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I’m a very new resident of Phoenix, AZ. I am a wife to a pretty amazing pastor and mom to six pretty amazing kiddos (5 boys and 1 girl – and yes, she holds her own 😁) They range from 4 to 15! And then I went and brought an English bulldog puppy into our crazy just to keep things interesting! DaBo is 6 months old.
2. How long have you been a part of HelloMornings?
I have been a part of HelloMornings for 4 years and have been leading a group for 3!
3. What time do you wake up?
4. Are you showered and ready to go for the day, or eyes barely open, bed head hair, comfy cozy in your jammies for your HelloMornings?
I’m in PJs with crusty morning eyes as I stumble to the kitchen for coffee. I do get dressed in my workout attire 98% of the time. But, I sit in my comfy chair with a blanket most mornings.
5. Do you use Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for your HelloMornings Group?
I am a FB leader though I was a Twiiter-er previously! I love both platforms!
6. What items are a part of your routine?
Reading/ Bible Study
Did I mention coffee?
7. Do you have a favorite type of pen and/or journal you use?
I’m a school supply special when it comes to notebooks – the cutest, least expensive one wins! Right now it is a spiral bound college-ruled notebook with an English Bulldog.
8. Do you listen to music? Any favorites?
Not usually, my mind wanders too quickly and I like the kids to stay asleep as long as possible.
9. Is exercise a part of your HelloMornings routine?
Yes, but after kids get on the bus – it is technically still morning though.
10. What, if any, tools do you use for your planning time?
I would love to develop this area if my life more – hasn’t happened yet!
11. If you have kids, how do you do your routine with them awake?
My oldest is up and moving for school, but he knows not to interrupt. My daughter almost always wakes up right before I finish – she usually fixes herself breakfast. I wake up the rest of the kiddos at 7 if they aren’t up already.
12. Breakfast before, during, or after HelloMornings? Do you have a go-to breakfast?
I do breakfast after. I usually make a protein shake or green smoothie
13. Coffee, tea or juice? Favorite brand?
Coffee!!!! I’m a Keurig owner. I love the Caribou K-Cups with a splash of International Delight white chocolate mocha creamer.
14. Anything else you would add that is special or unique about your HelloMornings routine?
I’m so thankful for all who work behind-the-scenes of this ministry! May your crowns be bejeweled in heaven!
15. What time do you go to bed?
Before 10 definitely, but usually 9:30 lights are off!
16. How has your HelloMornings evolved?
I’m definitely more committed than I used to be. As a GL being accountable to a group has challenged me to be on time and to make HelloMornings a priority. I have also learned to give myself grace more! Things come up. Sleepless nights happen. Snooze buttons get pressed. I’m no less or more loved by the Lord if I get up on time. I just want to honor Him with my time.
17. Do you have the same routine on the weekend, or do you change it up?
Weekends are so much more lax. I’m actually an evening reader on the weekends.
18. How do you deal with a missed HelloMorning? Does it discourage you or do you just start fresh the next morning?
My group’s name is New Mercies! Lamentations 3:22-24 sums it up – “The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in him.””
19. What is the hardest part of HelloMornings for you?
The two-week break! I totally get out of whack and it takes no time at all to fall back into “just a few more minutes” in the cozy bed. So I have to have a study plan!
20. What advice would you offer to someone just starting out with a morning routine?
Take it one day at a time! You CAN do this! My family can attest, until 4 years ago I was NOT a morning person! I was downright mean! HelloMornings has completely changed the way I think about mornings and God’s word! The LORD alone can make this change in your life, but you must be willing! Give yourself grace! But don’t give up!
Connect with EmiLee:
If you have any questions for EmiLee, please leave a comment below. Or if you’d like to get to know EmiLee more, you can find her at any of the links below!
Thank you, EmiLee, for sharing YOUR HelloMornings story with us.