Stories of Adoption, Hope and Purposeful Family Life with Tricia Goyer :: ITA 124
Tricia Goyer is a busy mom of ten, grandmother of two, and wife to her husband John. She shares her family’s story about adopting seven children ranging in age from 2 to 16 after her three biological children were older.
In and around the hustle and bustle of family life, homeschooling, and therapy, she also manages to find the time to write fictional tales delighting and entertaining readers and non-fiction titles offering encouragement and hope.
“Maybe we’re not all called to adopt, but Jesus calls us to care for widows and orphans in some way -- that might look like helping other adoptive families or foster families.”
In This Episode, You'll Hear...
- Tricia’s amazing adoption story
- Encouragement for how to parent from a place of peace
- How to support adoptive parents in your community
- Tips for prioritizing family life around faith, family and homeschooling
Tricia’s Tips for Parenting from Peace:
- What you praise will be repeated. Focus on praising good habits instead of nagging your kids.
- Don’t respond with emotion when your kids are angry. Stay calm and give them options to cool down appropriately.
- Help kids to recognize their emotions and comfort them.
- Upcoming Book: Walk it Out
- Tricia’s Books
- Love the song in the outro? It's called God Day. It's by Jen Stanbro and you can get it on iTunes by clicking here and check out Jen's site by clicking here.
Connect with Tricia
Click the play button in the post or grab your favorite podcast app and join us for a chat!