Training Boys to be Modern-Day Knights with Heather Haupt :: ITA #129
When stories about knights, battles and medieval heroism caught her boys’ imaginations, Heather Haupt used it as an opportunity to teach them about the code of chivalry. Drawing from real accounts in the middle ages, she challenged her boys to become modern-day knights in training.
“This has so shaped the culture of our family. We talk a lot about becoming an honorable man and what that looks like. It has given my sons, especially my oldest, a sense of purpose.”
In This Episode, You'll Hear...
- Heather’s parenting story and the origin of her new book Knights in Training
- The ten principles of the chivalry challenge
- How to call your boys to a higher standard and coach them as they get older
- Ways to get started on your own chivalry challenge
- BOOK: Knights in Training
- BOOK: Saint George and the Dragon by Margaret Hodges
- Free printable knight’s code poster
- Love the song in the outro? It's called God Day. It's by Jen Stanbro and you can get it on iTunes by clicking here and check out Jen's site by clicking here.
Connect with Heather Haupt
Click the play button in the post or grab your favorite podcast app and join us for a chat!