The Power of Summer Reading (Aloud) with Sarah Mackenzie :: ITA # 127
With the beginning of summer right around the corner, keeping our kids occupied and enjoying family activities are typically high on everyone’s list. What if you could accomplish both by adding the simple activity of reading aloud together?
Sarah Mackenzie, homeschooling mom of 6 and founder of the Read Aloud Revival podcast shares how her family got hooked on reading aloud and some great books to add to your summer reading list.
In This Episode, You'll Hear...
- The benefits of reading aloud and playing audiobooks for your children, especially those who can read on their own.
- How to keep your kids engaged while reading aloud or listening to an audiobook
- A starter list of great books to read to your kids
- Paul Galdone Fairy Tales
- Books by Robert McCloskey
- Books by Jan Brett
- Books by Tomie dePaola
- A Bear Called Paddington (and others by Michael Bond)
- Books by E.B. White
- Books by Beverly Cleary
- My Father’s Dragon by Ruth Stiles Gannett
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
- Half Magic by Edward Eager
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
- From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E. L. Konigsburg
- The Rise and Fall of Mount Majestic by Jennifer Trafton
- The Wingfeather Saga by Andrew Peterson
- The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
- The Wilderking Trilogy by Jonathan Rogers
- Books by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Download Sarah Mackenzie’s Excellent Book List -->
- Click here to get your free 2 week trial of PrepDish.com
- More about the Read Aloud Revival podcast
- Love the song in the outro? It's called God Day. It's by Jen Stanbro and you can get it on iTunes by clicking here and check out Jen's site by clicking here.
Connect with Sarah Mackenzie
Click the play button in the post or grab your favorite podcast app and join us for a chat!